Friday, February 26, 2010

The Way of the Cross - Station 2

Priest: The second station - Jesus is made to bear His cross

Genuflect

Priest: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee.
People: Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Stand

Priest: Consider how Jesus, in making this journey with the Cross on His shoulders, thought of us, and offered for us to His Father the death He was about to undergo.

Kneel

People: My most beloved Jesus, I embrace all the tribulations Thou hast destined for me until death. I beseech Thee, by the merits of the pain Thou didst suffer in carrying Thy Cross, to give me the necessary help, to carry mine with perfect patience and resignation. I love Thee, Jesus, my Love; I repent of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always; and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father . . . Hail Mary . . . Glory Be . . .

Priest: Lord, Jesus crucified!
People: Have mercy on us!

Stand

Oh, how sad and sore distressed
Was that Mother, highly blest,
Of the sole begotten One!

or

O quam tristis et afflicta
Fuit illa benedicta
Mater Unigeniti!

The cross bearer and acolytes proceed to the third station.

No comments:

Post a Comment