Friday, March 5, 2010

The Way of the Cross - Station 4

Priest: The fourth station - Jesus meets His afflicted Mother

Genuflect

Priest: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee.

People: Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Stand

Priest: Consider the meeting of the Son and the Mother, which took place on this journey. Jesus and Mary looked at each other, and their looks became as so many arrows to wound those hearts which loved each other so tenderly.

Kneel

People: My most loving Jesus, by the sorrow Thou didst experience in this meeting, grant me the grace of a truly devoted love for Thy most holy Mother. And Thou my Queen, who wast overwhelmed with sorrow, obtain for me by Thine intercession a continual and tender remembrance of the Passion of Thy Son. I love Thee, Jesus my Love; I repent of ever having offended Thee. Never permit me to offend Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee; and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father . . . Hail Mary . . . Glory Be . . .

Priest: Lord, Jesus crucified!
People: Have mercy on us!

Stand

Is there one who would not weep,
Whelmed in miseries so deep,
Christ's dear Mother to behold?

or

Quis est homo qui non fleret
Matrem Christi si videret
In tanto supplicio?

The cross bearer and acolytes proceed to the fifth station.

No comments:

Post a Comment