Friday, March 26, 2010

The Way of the Cross - Station 11

Priest: The eleventh station - Jesus is nailed to the Cross

Genuflect

Priest: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee.

People: Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Stand

Priest: Consider how Jesus, after having been thrown on the Cross, stretched out His hands, and affered to His Eternal Father the sacrifice of His life for our salvation. These barbarians fastened Him with nails, and then raising the Cross, left Him to die with anguish on this infamous gibbet.

Kneel

People: My Jesus, loaded with contempt, nail my heart to Thy feet, that it may ever remain there, to love Thee and never quit Thee again. I love Thee more than myself; I repent of having offended Thee. Never permit me to offend Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always; and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father . . . Hail Mary . . . Glory Be . . .

Priest: Lord, Jesus crucified!
People: Have mercy on us!

Stand

Let me share with thee His pain,
Who for all my sins was slain,
Who for me in torment died.

or

Tui nati vulnerati,
Tam dignati pro me pati,
Poenas mecum divide.

The cross bearer and acolytes proceed to the twelfth station.

No comments:

Post a Comment