Friday, April 2, 2010

The Way of the Cross - Station 12

Priest: The twelfth station - Jesus dies on the Cross

Genuflect

Priest: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee.
People: Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Stand

Priest: Consider how thy Jesus, after three hours' agony on the Cross, consumed at length with anguish, abandons Himself to the weight of His body, bows His head, and dies.

Kneel

People: My dying Jesus, I kiss devoutly the Cross on which Thou didst die for love of me. I have merited by my sins to die a miserable death; but Thy Death is my hope. Ah, by the merits of Thy Death, give me the grace to die embracing Thy feet, and burning with love for Thee. I yield my soul into Thy hands. I love Thee with my whole heart; I repent of ever having offended Thee. Permit not that I ever offend Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always; and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father . . . Hail Mary . . . Glory Be . . .

Priest: Lord, Jesus crucified!
People: Have mercy on us!

Stand

Let me mingle tears with thee,
Mourning Him who mourned for me,
All the days that I may live.
or

Fac me tecum pie flere,
Crucifixo condolere,
Donec ego vixero.
The cross bearer and acolytes proceed to the thirteenth station.

No comments:

Post a Comment